I’ve bought a few of the ‘promotions ideas’ books to help me navigate around the net. I have three to review, so more reviews on these kinds of books are coming in subsequent posts.
Cost $2.99 on Amazon
The introduction says it best on one line, about four paragraphs down: “This book outlines over 750 places that authors can get publicity for themselves and their books.”
Essentially this book is a comprehensive list of places you can promote your novel. This is a quick and dirty start to finding locations to promote your book. This is nothing that you can’t find yourself by investing a little bit of time, but as they say, time is money and I believe this is well worth the three dollars spent. It saves me from poring over the internet and using hit-and-miss keywords while losing days and days of potential writing time.
- A great starting point for anybody looking for a list of sites to promote your book
- A nicely presented table of contents that you can focus on where to post your Press Releases, request Book Reviews, who’s giving out Book Awards and so forth
- Clickable links that take you directly to the site, and most links have a small description
- Saves you the time looking for these sites yourself
- If you write Christian related books, you have an extra bonus of specialised links for your genre – as the authors have released many Christian titles and therefore have more links and knowledge of where to promote.
- Each edition will date quickly. I have the second edition, released on December 2013. I like that the authors are very clear about the dates of their edition – they’re conscious that their book will date thanks to the fickle quality of the internet. Hopefully they’ll keep releasing new editions.
- Anybody that doesn’t dabble in the Christian related genre won’t get the full value of this book, as there are around 100 links that won’t have much use.